As we start to gear up for the 2019/20 season, the society’s annual pre-season Training & Development Day will take place on Sunday, 11 August 2019 at Lichfield RFC.
There is a packed programme for the day (see details below) and it is hoped that as many members as possible will make the effort to attend. We are aware that England are playing Wales that day and the programme has been created to allow the watching of the game in the afternoon.
On a slightly different note, as the society is no longer sponsored by Staffordshire Gold, it has been suggested that these old society shirts and shorts could be donated to a worthy cause. So, if you still have a shirt and/or shorts with the logo of our former sponsor, please bring them to the training day where they will be collected.
0900 onwards: Fitness Testing – New Bronco Test (further details with diagram on SRUSR website or FB page)
• 1000 onwards: Refreshments available (return of Staffordshire Gold kit)
• 1020: Welcome and all administration matters for the day and season ahead
• 1045: Safeguarding Update – Lee Dawson
• 1100: Discipline Session – Paul Daniels, Simon ‘Fester’ Redford and Kev Cantrill (Secretary for SRU Disciplinary Committee)
• 1200: World Rugby High Tackle/Shoulder Charge Update (New Decision Framework) – Craig Maxwell-Keys
• 1230: Lunch
• 1315: Update on areas covered with Staffs Coaches at their annual conference – Craig Maxwell-Keys
• 1400: AOB before meeting closes. Depart or watch England vs Wales at the club.
• 15.45: Development Squad meeting and review of the England game.